If there’s one thing the pandemic has exposed, it’s a food system failing to serve its most basic purpose: to nourish all citizens of our society.
Who Feeds Us? is a chorus from the people who have fed us throughout the Covid crisis: people from all over the UK, on the land and seas, on allotments and city roofs. From people of many different ages and beliefs, from different backgrounds, regions and classes come the songs of farmers, growers, community leaders, healers, chefs, beekeepers, fishers.
In our one hour launch event, hosted live on Zoom, some of the voices from the series shared their experiences in feeding us and building a better food system for us all. Together with co-producers from Who Feeds Us? and highly acclaimed film, Kiss The Ground, we explored what it means to restore dignity to our food.
Watch the event now and join the conversation with:
- Rosie Gray, baker and founder of Reviving Food in Scotland
- Muhsen Hassanin, farmer and Halal slaughterman in Wales
- Lynda McFarlane, chef, healer & creator of Vegan Vybes Earth Gardens in Birmingham
- Ryland Engelhart, producer of the newly released documentary, Kiss the Ground
- And Abby Rose, co-producer of Who Feeds Us? and co-founder of Farmerama Radio.
This live conversation was hosted by journalist Lizzie Rivera (founder of Live Frankly, our media partner for this event).